The National Task Force to End Sexual and Domestic Violence,
The National Organization for Women, and
The National Council of Women’s Organizations
Invite you to a Special Briefing
Cyberstalking and Online Threats
Wednesday, April 15 at 10:00 a.m.
2237 Rayburn House Office Building, WDC*
In coordination with The Victims’ Rights Caucus (Representatives Judge Poe (R-TX) and Jim Costa (D-CA), co-chairs) and Representative Katherine Clark (D-Mass)
- Michelle Garcia, Director of the Stalking Resource Center
- Zoe Quinn, Video Game Developer and Co-founder of Crash Override
- John Wilkinson, Attorney Advisor at AEquitas: The Prosecutors' Resource on Violence Against Women
- Danielle Keats Citron, Lois K. Macht Research Professor and Professor of Law at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law and author of Hate Crimes in Cyberspace
* Interested advocates who can’t attend the meeting can watch a live stream via twitter. On Wednesday morning at 10 a.m., tune into the National Center for Victim’s of Crime’s twitter site @CrimeVictimsOrg. Go to the link in the post that says #Periscope and click on the random letters and the video should appear.
For folks who do not use Twitter, go to www.twitter.com and follow the instructions on the website to create an account. Once you have logged in, type @CrimeVictimsOrg into the search box in the upper right corner to find NCVC's page. Each Tweet is similar to a Facebook post, but the number of characters are limited. Click on the link in the post that says #Periscope to view the video. Do NOT click directly on #Periscope; the link you want to click on is the string of random characters following the word.