Doing nothing is NOT an option!
Congress needs to keep hearing about VAWA! Please contact your own Senators and Representatives and House and Senate leadership today with a simple message:
Your work on VAWA is NOT over. We need you to go to conference and send a bill to the President that closely mirrors the bipartisan Senate-passed bill, S. 1925, the REAL VAWA. Victims of violence and the professionals who serve them are relying on you to pass an inclusive VAWA bill-- doing nothing is NOT an option!
ACTION 1: Urge your Representatives and Senators to go to conference and swiftly pass a VAWA that includes all victims!
ACTION 2: Contact House and Senate leadership to urge them to stop stalling on VAWA and go to conference to produce a VAWA that includes all victims!
ACTION 1: PLEASE CONTACT– BY PHONE, EMAIL, AT A TOWN HALL MEETING OR VISIT IN-PERSON AT THE DC OR DISTRICT OFFICE - YOUR SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES. Use these links to find contact information for your Representatives and Senators, and tell them:
I/we urge you to encourage your party’s leaders to move swiftly to a conference on VAWA and send the President a bill that closely mirrors S. 1925, a strong, bipartisan Violence Against Women Act reauthorization bill that protects all vulnerable victims. Victims of violence and the professionals who serve them cannot afford to wait any longer to see this bill passed. Stalemate is not an option. I/we strongly urge Congress to move quickly to conference and send an inclusive VAWA reauthorization bill to the President’s desk to sign.
ACTION 2: CALL HOUSE AND SENATE LEADERSHIP AND TELL THEM TO MOVE QUICKLY TO CONFERENCE. Tell them:
You must pass a bipartisan VAWA reauthorization bill, like S.1925, that protects ALL victims of violence. Doing nothing is not an option- the only option is acting NOW to pass VAWA.
- Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), (202) 225-0600
- Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA), (202) 225-4000
- Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), (202) 225-0100
- Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), (202) 224-3542
- Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), (202) 225-2541
Thank you. As always for your great work!
- We’ve had over 51,000 visits to our website! Continue to check our website for fact sheets, press coverage, support letters and updates.
- Follow us on twitter at @NTFVAWA and “like” our Facebook page where you can find a toolkit and other action and information items.
- Don’t forget to tweet about VAWA using the hashtags #ReauthorizeVAWA #RealVAWA and #VAWA.
- If you aren't on one of the VAWA email lists or want to add members of your staff or state/community leaders to our grassroots alerts e-mailing list, send names and contact information including email to Sean Black, email@example.com.