Tweet with us TODAY at 2 p.m. EST!
The President signed VAWA into law on March 7th and it is now reauthorized for five more years! So what happens next? Join us for a Twitter Chat TODAY, March 14th at 2 p.m. EST to find out!
ACTION ITEM: TWITTER CHAT ON MARH 14TH!
Join us this afternoon, March 14th, 2013 at 2pm EST for a Twitter Chat to discuss the final version of the Violence Against Women Act! A week after President Obama signed an inclusive VAWA into law questions still remain about what it means for survivors and service providers moving forward. Join us to discuss important issues—from program funding to expanded protections for victims of abuse—and learn more about what you can do to support the cause. Join the conversation on Twitter using #VAWAchat!
ACTION ITEM: JOIN THE VAWA PHOTO CAMPAIGN!
Join us in celebrating and saying thanks for getting VAWA done! Make a fun sign, snap a quick photo and send it to reauthorizeVAWA@gmail.com. You can find examples on our Facebook page. Help us thank everyone who made this new inclusive VAWA possible!
- For more information, fact sheets, press coverage, support letters and updates: www.4vawa.org
- Follow us on Twitter at @NTFVAWA and “like” our Facebook page.
- Don’t forget to tweet about VAWA using the hashtags #VAWA4all and #VAWA.
- If you aren't on one of the VAWA email lists or want to add members of your staff or state/community leaders to our grassroots alerts e-mail list, send names and contact information including email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more info, go to www.4vawa.org.